Posted 145 articles
- Great BIG smalls XIII: An Ottawa tradition
- Theatre Preview: “Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris” at The Gladstone
- The Long and the Short of It: The Ottawa International Animation Festival from a Young Person’s Perspective
- Festival fashion is back!
- George F. Walker’s The End of Civilization: GLADSTONE THEATRE TICKETS HAVE BEEN WON!
- CONTEST: Swag 4U!
- Tedeschi Trucks, Simply Electric!
- Playful and whimsical: Les Souliers d’Angélie delights young audiences
- Patti Smith & Her Band at Ottawa Folkfest 2013
- Barnstorm Watch: going up the country with tic and his friends
- "The Acting Company" reveals Ottawa’s best kept secret
- Odyssey Theatre and Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa Redefine “Picnic In the Park”
- Odyssey Theatre: George Bernard Shaw’s Classic Comedy gets Unexpected Facelift
- Ottawa Jazz Festival: A Chat With Caroline Keating
- Ottawa Jazz Festival 2013: The James Hunter Six at Ottawa Jazzfest
Posted 4 articles
Posted 17 articles
Allyson Domanski writes about travel, the arts and reviews theatre for Ottawa Tonite as well as for Newswest. She is currently completing a major work of creative non-fiction to be published in 2017. An avid traveller and not-quite year-round cyclist, she and her husband spent two and a half years bicycling around the world before she joined the territorial then the federal public service. The hockey and lacrosse mom, owner of a Husky and une cabane au Quebec hails from Winnipeg and has lived from India to Iqaluit but she and her family call Hintonburg home.
- Theatre Review: What a Young Wife Ought to Know at the GCTC
- Theatre Review of Grounded: Buckle up for a white-knuckle G-force ride
- Catch Grounded before it takes off
- Theatre Review: If only every Blind Date could end this well!
- Theatre Review: Ordinary Days is better than ordinary
- Ottawa Wine and Food Festival: All your favourite sweet and savoury vices are here!
- Review of Bear & Co.’s No Way To Say Goodbye: Songs of Leonard Cohen at The Gladstone
- Choose your vice at Ottawa’s 32nd Wine and Food Festival
- Review of GCTC’s You Are Happy But Are We Happy?
- THE SUNSET SINGERS SING SONGS TO CELEBRATE CANADA’s 150 th Annual Charity Concert, June 23rd, 2017
- Way to Go! Two Triumphs Wrap Up GCTC’s 2016-17 Season
- Theatre Review: Finishing the Suit at The Gladstone
- Review of GCTC’s Les Passants
- Review of “At Home at the Zoo” at the Carleton Tavern Chamber Theatre Hintonburg’s Current Production
- Review of The Gladstone’s “The Maltese Falcon: The Radio Show” It can’t help but get you into the holiday spirit
Posted 20 articles
- Third Wall Theatre to present Exit The King
- Navigating the Undercurrents: an interview with Pat Gauthier (Part 1)
- Eastern Ontario Drama League One-Act Play Festival
- Vampires, Ghosts, and Theatre Critics: St. Nicholas and The Turn of the Screw
- CFSW 2010: National Slam Bout #6
- CFSW 2010: National Slam Bout #2
- Desires, Acted Upon: Someone For Everyone review
- Memo from the OT Theatre Desk
- Degrees for Dishwashers: an Educating Rita review
- Educating Rita to kick off Summer Fling at Arts Court
- Emma, At Home: Behind the scenes with the director of Six: At Home
- Third Wall Theatre Co. Launches 10th Season
- Raise It! for the Capital Slam Semi-Finals
- the most exquisite adorkable poetry: Jessica Ruano and Nadine Thornhill debut at The Spoken Word Plot
- The Star Treatment: Les Prix Rideau Awards
Posted 52 articles
- Preview: Undercurrents Theater Festival, February 7-17 2018
- Othello: A Civil War Tale (Theatre Kraken)
- Hot Knives: Movie Premiere
- REVIEW OF “ROUGH MAGIC” (OTTAWA FRINGE 2017)
- REVIEW OF “HIGH TEA: ANOTHER BRITISH COMEDY ” (OTTAWA FRINGE 2017)
- REVIEW OF “INCOGNITO IN WHISHY WASHY” (OTTAWA FRINGE 2017)
- Review of “Who, Me” (Ottawa Fringe 2017)
- Review of “Attention Seeker” (Ottawa Fringe 2017)
- Review of: 6 Quick Dick Tricks: A Dirk Darrow Investigation
- Your Quick Guide to the 2017 Ottawa Fringe Festival
- Top Five Picks: Ottawa Fringe 2017 #FRINGE20
- Review of Maestro (English version) – Gladstone Theatre
- Talking Comics with Kerr @ the Cur Comix Retrospective: Atomic Rooster (Opening night: Tuesday May 16, 2017)
- Review: LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS (THEATRE KRAKEN) @ THE GLADSTONE: APRIL 13–22, 2017
- Little Shop of Horrors (Theatre Kraken) @ The Gladstone: April 13–22, 2017
Posted 14 articles
- Review: NGO uses documentary play “Seven” to touch, educate
- TACTICS series putting out feelers to keep you [off] balance
- Algonquin takes on a dark Frankenstein
- Mother Tongue Books opens a final chapter
- Censored… right out #$*@#@ loud!
- “It’s a wonderful life” is ON THE AIR at the Gladstone
- Vimy: telling an epic story through intimate portraits
- Oh, the Humanitone! Name that Nose Flute Tune Contest
- What to bring to the Ottawa Folk Festival
- Jill Zmud prepares to play another Ottawa festival (and a dream come true)
- Bluebird North’s May Season Finale: Bringing songwriters’ work to the listening audience
- Some hot Coco (Love Alcorn, that is)
- Lisa Poushinsky loves Bob Dylan, doesn't love multiple sclerosis
- Jill Zmud Launches: "As we quietly drive by"