Posted 144 articles
- Theatre Preview: “Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris” at The Gladstone
- The Long and the Short of It: The Ottawa International Animation Festival from a Young Person’s Perspective
- Festival fashion is back!
- George F. Walker’s The End of Civilization: GLADSTONE THEATRE TICKETS HAVE BEEN WON!
- CONTEST: Swag 4U!
- Tedeschi Trucks, Simply Electric!
- Playful and whimsical: Les Souliers d’Angélie delights young audiences
- Patti Smith & Her Band at Ottawa Folkfest 2013
- Barnstorm Watch: going up the country with tic and his friends
- "The Acting Company" reveals Ottawa’s best kept secret
- Odyssey Theatre and Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa Redefine “Picnic In the Park”
- Odyssey Theatre: George Bernard Shaw’s Classic Comedy gets Unexpected Facelift
- Ottawa Jazz Festival: A Chat With Caroline Keating
- Ottawa Jazz Festival 2013: The James Hunter Six at Ottawa Jazzfest
- Ottawa Jazzfest 2013: The Bad Plus
Posted 4 articles
Posted 9 articles
Allyson Domanski writes about travel, the arts and reviews theatre for Ottawa Tonite as well as for Newswest. She is currently completing a major work of creative non-fiction to be published in 2017. An avid traveller and not-quite year-round cyclist, she and her husband spent two and a half years bicycling around the world before she joined the territorial then the federal public service. The hockey and lacrosse mom, owner of a Husky and une cabane au Quebec hails from Winnipeg and has lived from India to Iqaluit but she and her family call Hintonburg home.
- Theatre Review: Finishing the Suit at The Gladstone
- Review of GCTC’s Les Passants
- Review of “At Home at the Zoo” at the Carleton Tavern Chamber Theatre Hintonburg’s Current Production
- Review of The Gladstone’s “The Maltese Falcon: The Radio Show” It can’t help but get you into the holiday spirit
- Review of GCTC’s “The Daisy Theatre” Pull Some Strings To See It
- Review #2 of the 31 st Ottawa Wine and Food Festival: Tasting Alley Distinguishes Itself
- Review of the 31 st Ottawa Wine and Food Festival: Wear the little black dress, grab your glass and get tasting!
- The Seriously Cool Ottawa Wine and Food Festival: 31st Edition THIS WEEKEND!
- Review of “Macbeth” at The Gladstone Theatre
Posted 20 articles
- Third Wall Theatre to present Exit The King
- Navigating the Undercurrents: an interview with Pat Gauthier (Part 1)
- Eastern Ontario Drama League One-Act Play Festival
- Vampires, Ghosts, and Theatre Critics: St. Nicholas and The Turn of the Screw
- CFSW 2010: National Slam Bout #6
- CFSW 2010: National Slam Bout #2
- Desires, Acted Upon: Someone For Everyone review
- Memo from the OT Theatre Desk
- Degrees for Dishwashers: an Educating Rita review
- Educating Rita to kick off Summer Fling at Arts Court
- Emma, At Home: Behind the scenes with the director of Six: At Home
- Third Wall Theatre Co. Launches 10th Season
- Raise It! for the Capital Slam Semi-Finals
- the most exquisite adorkable poetry: Jessica Ruano and Nadine Thornhill debut at The Spoken Word Plot
- The Star Treatment: Les Prix Rideau Awards
Posted 35 articles
- Undercurrents 2017: free events
- Undercurrents 2017: “Theatre Below the Mainstream”
- Ottawa Fringe ’16 Review: May I Have This Dance?
- Glowfair 2016 (Bank Street North, June 17-18)
- VerseFest 2016: Ottawa’s Poetry Festival (March 15-20)
- Review: Butcher (GCTC, Ottawa, EXTENDED UNTIL MARCH 20)
- Butcher (Great Canadian Theatre Company, Ottawa, March 03-20, 2016)
- A Man Walks into A Bar (Review)
- Mouthpiece (Review: Undercurrents Festival)
- Review: “The Underpants” (Theatre Kraken)
- Theatre Kraken: “The Underpants” (Gladstone Theatre, Ottawa)
- “Worst Case Ontario” Tour Heads for Ottawa
- Review of: I’m Not Jewish But My Mother Is
- Fringe ‘15 Review: WEIRD: The Witches of Macbeth
- GLOWFAIR 2015: Ottawa’s street festival of light, music and art.
Posted 13 articles
- TACTICS series putting out feelers to keep you [off] balance
- Algonquin takes on a dark Frankenstein
- Mother Tongue Books opens a final chapter
- Censored… right out #$*@#@ loud!
- “It’s a wonderful life” is ON THE AIR at the Gladstone
- Vimy: telling an epic story through intimate portraits
- Oh, the Humanitone! Name that Nose Flute Tune Contest
- What to bring to the Ottawa Folk Festival
- Jill Zmud prepares to play another Ottawa festival (and a dream come true)
- Bluebird North’s May Season Finale: Bringing songwriters’ work to the listening audience
- Some hot Coco (Love Alcorn, that is)
- Lisa Poushinsky loves Bob Dylan, doesn't love multiple sclerosis
- Jill Zmud Launches: "As we quietly drive by"